Call our customer services team on the number below to speak to one of our advisors who will help you with all of your holiday needs.
Surrounded by the Dhauladhar ranges in Kullu Valley is a blue-water lake called Prashar. Prashar Lake is a well-kept secret in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. The trek follows a charming trail through a forest and several rivulets. Meanwhile, one can enjoy the local culture as the trail goes through villages as well. The trek offers a 180 degree view of the Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and Kinnaur mountain ranges. For those interested in architecture, the local temple of Prashar Rishi next to the lake, with its riveting Himachali architecture, blends perfectly with the landscape.The temple was built in the thirteenth century and legend has it was built by a baby from a single tree. The lake has a floating island in it and it is said to be unclear how deep it is, with a diver not being able to determine its depth.
Prashar Lake trek (2,730m), which happily takes people to the lake which is completely frozen in the winter and a dazzling beauty otherwise, is considered to be an important trek in Himachal Pradesh. The picture-perfect blue water lake is surrounded by the majestic Dhauladhar Ranges in Kullu Valley and it is always kept as a secret in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. If you set out for a trek to Prashar Lake, you will be going through the charming trails crossing the forests and several small streams.
As you climb the trails up, you will come to meet the local people and it is the best chance to know the indigenous culture closely. Also, once you finish the trek, you will have the satisfied heart filled with plenty of beautiful views of Dhauladhar, Pir Panjal and Kinnaur mountain ranges.
Alongside, there is a surprisingly beautiful attraction near the lake that is the local temple of Prashar Rishi which has a lot of significant architectural brilliance carved on the walls. The style perfectly matches with the landscape around the lake and thus it is a favourite tourist attraction in the region. If you're in the mood for some outdoor adventure and want these memories to be etched forever, then make Prashar Lake the destination of your choice!
The total distance of this trek is 16kms.
INR 3299/ + 5% GST (Mandi to Mandi)
INR 5299/ + 5 % GST ( Delhi to Delhi )
Prashar Trekking Package Includes :-
Prashar Trekking Package Excludes :-
1) 01st Mar Night -03rd Mar Early Morning (Available)
2) 08th Mar Night-10th Mar Early Morning (Available)
3) 15th Mar Night-17th Mar Early Morning (Available)
4) 29th Mar Night- 31st Mar Early Morning (Available)
Gear and Extra:
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 2-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a woolen cap
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favorable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches, diarrhea, motion and altitude sickness
• Sprain relief spray
• Crepe bandage
• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of spf40 , lip balm, cold creams
• Body spray
• Led torch light